James Hart CAS III: Hello my name is James Hart. I am Certified Addiction Specialist III. I have over 25 years of direct care counseling experience serving individuals with a wide variety of mental health and addiction challenges. I have worked in community mental health organizations, residential treatment facilities, homeless outreach programs, detox programs, aging and disability organizations, in-patient psychiatric hospitals, and in private practice since 2007.
Stillwater Healing Arts: In 2011 I moved to Lyons Colorado from Portland, Oregon. My wife, Sara Hart ND, and I opened Stillwater Healing Arts Clinic and Apothecary. I work to support people through difficult transitions including losses and grief, relationship challenges, and healing from trauma. I am confident being present with people struggling with severe mental states including depression, anxiety, bipolar, and schizophrenia. My understanding and compassion allows for deep exploration of addictive and habitual behaviors to unlock under used internal strengths.
Mile High Continuing Care and Mile Sober Living: In 2019 I connected with this amazing group of dedicated healers, educators, bullshit detectors, and top notch recovery advocates. This group helps so many people early in recovery gain their footing in the real world by connecting with other addicts.
Harmony Foundation: In 2017 I began working at Harmony Foundation in Estes Park, CO. This is a residential substance use disorder treatment provider. My work there was offering wilderness, mindfulness, and small group approaches to support individuals on a healing journey from active addiction to being part of a thriving recovery community. I co-founded HOPE (Harmony Opioid Program Experience). I am knowledgeable about the specific challenges related to opioid addiction and can assist people navigating Medication Assisted Therapy.
Education: Certified Addiction Specialsist III Licence #ACC.0020903. Areas of study include specific training courses in: Addiction Counseling Skills, Professional Ethics, Culturally Informed Treatment, Pharmacology, Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Group Counseling Skills, Clinical Assessment and Treatment Planning, Co-occurring Disorders, Trauma Informed Care for Diverse Populations, and Clinical Supervision. I have completed and passed the NAADAC Exam–NCAC II. I have well over 5000 supervised hours in the field. In addition I am a Non Licensed Psychotherapist #NLC.0013918. I have a BA in Psychology and Performing Arts from The Evergreen State College in Olympia, WA. I have studied Professional Actor Training at DePaul University. Areas of continued study include: the work of Dan Siegel and Interpersonal Neurobiology, the work of Brene Brown on shame and guilt, Seeking Safety approaches to resourcing people coping with trauma reactions, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and the 12 steps, and Compassionate Communication or Nonviolent Communication.
Some of my other passions. I am an actor and a company member of Sojourn Theatre. Check out these links for some of my previous work: The Penelope Project and On the Table. I also carried a spear with the best of them at Oregon Shakespeare Festival and did some fine work for 10 seasons at Harlequin Productions. I love living in Lyons, Colorado with my wife Sara and three daughters Eliana, Imogen, and Alice. I enjoy working with and riding horses, bicycling, hiking, yoga, and snowboarding.
I can help you and your loved ones as they heal and grow from the following challenges.
- Substance Use Disorders: Nicotine, Opiates including prescribed (Vicodin Oxycodone, Percocet, etc) and street (Opium, Heroin, Kratom), Alcohol, Amphetamines (Meth, Ritalin, Adderall), Benzodiazepines (Valium, Ativan, Xanax, etc), Cannabis, Club Drugs, (Ecstasy, MDMA, Bath Salts,) and Hallucinations to name a few.
- Behavioral process addictions including phone, internet, TV, social media, video games, pornography, sex, and eating issues.
- Co-Occurring mental health disorders including adjustment issues, grief and loss, change of job, returning to school, depression, anxiety, bipolar, trauma reactions, childhood sexual, emotional and physical abuse, personality disorders, schizophrenia and other unusual states of consciousness.
Therapeutic modalities include:
- Mindfulness Approaches
- Medication Assisted Therapy
- 12-Step Recovery Support
- SMART Recovery Group Facilitation
- Interpersonal Neurobiology
- Equine Assisted Therapy
- Wilderness and Nature Based Therapy
- Biopsychosocial Addiction Assessment
- Mental Health and Trauma Screening and Referral
- Motivational Interview
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Recovery Coaching
- Harm Reduction Approaches
- Post Hospitalization and Residential Treatment Support
- Vocational Support
- Case Management
- Educational Support
Please contact Mr. Hart directly to set up an initial free consultation. email@example.com Stillwater Healing Arts Clinic 303 823-9355 or his cell 503-754-7115